Book: Between Boyfriends (Boyfriends Series) by Sarka Jonaecategories: Book, Chick-Lit, Women's Fiction, Humor, Romantic Comedy, Coming of Age, Contemporary Fiction, San Diego, Funny, Single Women's Fiction, Relationships, Dating, Chick Lit
Sarka Jonaeabout this book: "Between Boyfriends" is a top 10 best seller in humorous fiction on Amazon. It is a seriously funny women's fiction novel that touches upon issues such as relationship addictions, feelings of low self-worth, and taking people and privilege for granted. Jan Weston has all of these problems, but a terrible breakup followed by the rescission of financial support from her parents is her wake-up call to change.
Some people are between jobs. Jan is between boyfriends.
This story is a hilarious adventure of a pampered 21-year-old who looks to relationships for an identity but learns to be independent. Jan vows to stop dating, first to protect her broken heart and then to create space for change. This leads her to befriend an overly nice guy from school, a guy who accidentally spills a secret to her parents that causes them to revoke financial support.
Jan jumps from one thankless job to another as she used to jump from relationship to relationship as she struggles to stay afloat and pay for her education. As she gets closer to her friends and the new man in her life, she starts to discover more about herself and admits an attraction she wishes she didn't have. Can Jan keep her vow to stay single?
Praise for "Between Boyfriends"
• "The ultimate chick-lit read!" — East County Magazine
• The book "presents a unique twist on the chick lit genre." — Hollywood & Vine magazine
• "Between Boyfriends is a delicious slice of chick-lit! Snappy dialogue sets this story apart from the pack as it follows a young woman who, financially cut off by her parents when she fails to attend school, learns that life is more than her Amex card, and reunites with a mother who has endured her own brand of pain." — Jan Moran, bestselling author
• "I wish I had read it way back when I was a young girl ... I may have learned a few good lessons for myself. The author did an AWESOME job of mixing heartbreak & humor ... LOVED IT!" — MJs Girl, Amazon customer
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Video: Between Boyfriends by Sarka Jonae
• Book Review: Oh no, I've Fallen in Love! Warning: contains nuts. by Louise Wise|
• Book Review: Blind Dating - A Light-Hearted Romantic Comedy by Kerry Taylor|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|