Book Reviews: Under the Eye - A Composer's Journey by Brenda M Lanecategories: Book, Inspirational Story, Composer, Trials, Christian Hope, Miracles, Gospel Music, Film, Under the Eye, Lila Cervantes, Hopeless, Biography
Brenda M Laneabout this book: Under the Eye – A Composer's Journey was written to chronicle the hilarious, gripping, miraculous adventures that I have passed through to get to the calling of my life.
• What inspired you to write this book?
As I shared in concerts the stories behind the songs, audience members would later tearfully share how my life experience had given them hope. I was continually asked to write my life story. Inspired by their reactions I finally penned the book.
• Who are the primary readers for your book?
If you need some laughter, some mouth-opening wonder, or just a little encouragement for the daily doldrums of life, pick up the book and read it. My readers have come from all walks of life; men and women who have faced or are facing terrible setbacks, emotionally paralyzing situations, or are just plain depressed. In Under the Eye they have found moments of inspiration, and a few belly laughs to help them walk through their own personal trials.
• "This is the story of how one woman survived hardship after hardship by coming to the realization that God is her only source. Her story continues to inspire and encourage me. I believe it is the most inspirational book I have ever read. "--Archie Jordan, Multi-Platinum, Two-Time Grammy Nominated Songwriter (What a Difference You Made in my Life, It Was Almost Like a Song)
• "This book grips the reader to the very end. You won't regret buying it! " --Betty L Sheldon, review on amazon.com
• "I just bawled and bawled when I read the part about how you were about to take your life but God was SO PRESENT! I looooooooooooooooooove your book; so simple yet so profound." --Rachel Hyman, CEO, MySooma Productions and International Recording Artist
• "The inmates that I have been reading your book to are deeply moved and inspired by it." Kathy, Prison Outreach
• "I love your book! Everyone should read it! " --Emilee, 20 yr. old cerebral palsy sufferer
• "I have read your book four times! I'm sharing it with everyone! " – Stan, retired mechanic
• "It is a very inspiring book that shows the power of God over and over! Very inspiring! " –Charmend, review on B&N
• "I read your book! It is awesome! Everyone should read this! "--Chris, homeless individual
• "This book is amazing! Everyone should read it! " --Pam, Supervisor, Credit Union
• How did you come up with the title?
The title Under the Eye depicts God's interaction in my life even when I had no clue that He was with me. The subtitle A Composer's Journey is exactly that ... my journey.
• Why did you choose this cover?
There is a famous painting, by Heilige Schutzengel, of children crossing a bridge with their guardian angel hovering over them. The cover of my book was chosen as a wink to that painting, only in my cover the rays of light shining down on the hiker represent the Eye of God.
• What was the hardest part of writing your book?
The hardest part of writing my book was re-living the torturous experiences in my life… those experiences before the deliverance. But it was in the re-telling of the awesome deliverances that kept my pen firmly planted on the page.
• Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?
Yes, I did learn something. I learned that editors are a gift from God!
• Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?
Yes, First – thank you for purchasing the book. You bless my life in more ways than you will ever know. I appreciate the kind remarks and am lifted by hearing YOUR stories of deliverances! And Second – I pray that you will find in your own experience that God is enormously in love with you.
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
AmazementWhat a testimony to God's tenacious grip He had on your life. Ms Lane had many deep struggles throughout her life, all the while trusting herself into God's sovereign hands. You must read this book to see how her faith and God's grace plays out. [by Christine T.]
Touched by GodHer journey is inspiring and her faith to keep going has given me strength. We all want to be under the Eye of God. But do we have the Faith? Brenda's story will make you cry and thank God that you read it. You will want to give a copy to your friends who maybe going thru a rough time and need to know God is watching over them. Thank you Brenda for being brave enough to write and share your story with us. [by Jan Scott]
UpliftingFrom cover to cover the never failing presence of God grips the reader. Brenda's story reminds us that God never fails us. This is a must read for all people, no matter what season of life they may be in. Brenda's story shows that God can do absolutely anything, for nothing is impossible with God.
Inspirational - Under the EyeThis book is one of the best I have ever read. The courage and trust in the Lord is in her life, and her relationship with God has helped me to look at my life and ask myself, "Where is my trust in God?" God has promised to supply all our need and Brenda really shares that in this book. I highly recommend it to all. A great gift for your teacher, friend, and neighbor. You will be glad you bought it. [by Josie]
▾ reviews voted most helpful on amazon.com ▾
Video: Lila Cervantes - "Silent in the Night"
• Book Review: EYE FOR AN EYE - A Novel of Unintended Consequences by Erika Holzer|
• Book Review: Maxwell Marlowe, Private Eye - The Case of the Missing Heiress by Raymond Boyd Dunn|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|