Book: Life Stinks . . . and Then You Die by Bob Hostetlercategories: Book, Old Testament, Ecclesiastes, Solomon, Christian, Inspiration, Christian Living, Wisdom, Bible
Bob Hostetlerabout this book: Many people seem to blithely skip through the meadows of this world, with nary a wound or scar. Day after day seems to shine on them. They wake up each morning with a smile on their face. This book is not for them.
There is something dreadfully wrong with this world, and everyone knows it.
Some try to fix it. Some try to ignore it. Some recognize that the same thing that is wrong with the world is wrong with us. And nothing will change until we grasp that reality.
Life Stinks…Then You Die (Living Well in a Sick World) is a gritty, honest look at the world around us and the world inside us. It is based on an ancient book of wisdom that many consider to be the Bible's most perplexing book, attributed to a man who seemed to have every advantage wealth, education, and power could possibly offer, but still struggled to find happiness and meaning. It does not offer platitudes. No easy fixes. It doesn't spackle over the rough reality of life in the twenty-first century. But it does offer perspective. And hope. And a plan for living well in spite of all that's wrong with the world and with us.
• "What a great teacher and pastor Hostetler is--compassionate, knowledgeable, never boring, quick and clear"
— Rick Hamlin, executive editor of Guideposts magazine
• "Bob Hostetler only gets better with every book"
— Leonard Sweet, author, E. Stanley Jones Professor of Evangelism, Drew University
• "Bob Hostetler has refined the art of communication. His depth of Bible knowledge, combined with his understanding of human nature, makes him sensitive to the concerns, needs, and hopes of modern readers"
— Dr. Dennis Hensley, author of Jesus in the 9 to 5
• "This is the most encouraging, interesting, and applicable book on Ecclesiastes I have ever read. Prepare yourself for a humor-heavy, truth-filled, God-packed read that, if carefully applied, will lead to a life-changing experience"
— Torry Martin, actor, screenwriter, and creator of Wooten Bassett for "Adventures in Odyssey"
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Bob Hostetler (more)
• Book Review: The Red Letter Life - 17 Words from Jesus to Inspire Simple, Practical, Purposeful Living by Bob Hostetler|
• Book Review: How to Survive the End of the World by Bob Hostetler|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|