Book: Bedtime Storybook - A book of stories for children by May J. Panayi
|5 stars based on the 3 most helpful Amazon reviews|
May J. Panayiabout this book: Bedtime Storybook is a book of short stories for parents to read to their children at bedtime. It is for the approximate age range of five to eight years old, though some children outside that age bracket at either end will still enjoy the stories.
It begins with the rather unusual story, The Adventure of Panpuss the cat, which is the longest story in the book, and features as the cover picture. It is the story of a real life cat who went missing for three and a half weeks, and the imagined story of his journey home. The other stories are more like traditional fairy tales and children's tales.
Extracts from Reviews;
• Bunnygirl: I also really enjoyed 'The Tower and the Raven' - you'll find out why the raven is so important when you read the story! I really enjoyed this great book!
• Dizzy: The favourite story in my house was the one about the crow & the crown.
• Paulette M: I particularly liked the story of Panpuss' adventures and how the cat came alive off the page with narrative like, "the night smelt like a big adventure" and "If only they would learn the basics of cat language they wouldn't have to worry…"
• Michael K: Every story has some little lesson in it that it's important for young folks to grasp, but it doesn't beat them around the head with it, it just becomes obvious through the way the tale unfolds. So kids learn that ignoring old friends because you have new stuff is not a good thing to do; that if something in their life isn't satisfactory, they have the imagination and the ability to change it for themselves.
• Chris: Great stories to read to kids. The first main story -see cover- is from a cat's viewpoint which is really unusual and interesting, and a great story too.
• Sharon R: An absolutely delightful book for both children and adults. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this to my friend's grand daughter.
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by May J. Panayi (more)
▾ reviews voted most helpful on amazon.com ▾
• Book Review: Children's Ebook - Dreams and Wishes! Modeling JK Rowling and Debbie Macomber (Motivation for kids) (I ...|
• Book Review: Bedtime Stories! Old Owl's Folktales and Fairy Tales for Children - Folklore and Legends about Animals by ...|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|