Book: My GRL by John W. Howellcategories: Book, Intrigue, Terriorist, Suspense, Murder, Kidnapped, Explosion, Subversion, FBI, Lies, Weapons, Action Thriller
John W. Howellabout this book: My GRL is the story of one ordinary man's awareness of a horrific plot to destroy an American treasure and his subsequent actions to thwart the terrorist goal. The story is told in the first person, present tense which gives the reader a front row seat to all the action as well as an insider's view of the twists and turns which take the story from a small fishing village in Texas to a major seaport in New York. The title of the book, My GRL is also the name of a beautiful fishing boat which plays an integral role in the plans of a splinter terrorist group to seek revenge on the western world for perceived injustices down through the ages. The inspiration for the story was a visit to the Aircraft Carrier Lexington berthed in Corpus Christi, Texas. It was on the flight deck of the massive ship, the author wondered how this monument to America's struggle for freedom could be defended if there were some who wanted to destroy her. The answer was the monument could not be defended and thus, the story was born.
Some Review excerpts: (26 four and five-star reviews)
• "My GRL by John W. Howell is a fast-paced thriller that shows how your life can be turned upside down in the blink of an eye."
• "The twists and turns just keep intriguing the reader all the way through."
• "From the opening pages on, the reader will be stunned, staggered, flabbergasted, taken aback, and amazed."
• "The combination of a great story and interesting characters set, by the author, in his well-known settings combines into a really excellent novel by John W. Howell. I strongly recommend 'My GRL' to all."
• "If you are looking for a book that will both keep you guessing and keep your heart rate booming, this would be a good one to choose."
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by John W. Howell
Video: My GRL by John W. Howell
• Book Review: His Revenge by John W. Howell|
• Book Review: An Emperor Among Us - The Eccentric Life and Benevolent Reign of Norton I, Emperor of the United States, ...|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|