Book: Catch of the Day by Petie McCartycategories: Book, Romance, Drug Smugglers, Coast Guard, Suspense, Boat Chase, Kidnapping, Action Adventure
Petie McCartyabout this book: Special Ops Coast Guard Captain Gage Connor and accountant Cody Ryan are both looking for a relaxing vacation and get anything but that when the two are partnered in the Annual Loon Lake Tournament.
Cody's father competed in the tournament every year, and when he passed away, Cody thought she'd feel closer to him and might not miss him so much if she entered the tournament, too. Gage is looking for a break from chasing drug smugglers off the Louisiana coast. Neither whim is successful, and nothing is simple for this pair. Cody finds out she is the first female to ever enter the all-male Loon Lake Tournament, and the female population of Loon promptly adopts her as their mascot. Gage finds out the smugglers he left behind in Louisiana are coming after the uncut diamonds stashed on his borrowed bass boat.
Add into this mix, some quirky Alabama townsfolk , a mayor who makes up tournament rules as he goes, the mayor's son who plans to cheat to win the tournament, the mayor's daughter who plays fast and loose, and you have the recipe for a lot of laughs and excitement. Gage has secret reasons for coming to Loon that he is determined to protect, but when the smugglers resort to kidnapping to retrieve their diamonds, Gage will do whatever it takes to rescue their hostage.
Reviews for Catch of the Day:
• "4 Stars... CATCH OF THE DAY is Ms. McCarty’s second release and like the first one, EVERGLADES, presents the reader with likeable characters, a mini suspense, and an engaging storyline with an environmental edge. Great story and I am looking forward to more by this author." — The Romance Readers Connection
• "4 Stars... McCarty has written a wonderful book. The characters grow, the background holds solid depth, and unexpected twists add to the plot... a fantastic light read!" — InD'tale Magazine
• "...witty, sexy writing... a fun read with plenty of smiles, laughs, and "Oh, no!" moments..." — The Balanced Writer
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Petie McCarty
▾ reviews voted most helpful on amazon.com ▾
• Book Review: The Oldest Woman in the World and Other Stories from Haiti by Kirk Colvin|
• Book Review: Angel to the Rescue by Petie McCarty|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|